CHIO Aachen should be declared an international holiday for equestrians.
Between the 5* show jumping and 4*/ 5* dressage, elite eventers and four-in-hand heavyweights, it’s a fun fair of epic equestrian proportions, no matter which discipline you favor. And it’s all being streamed live from Germany.
The downside for North Americans: You’re going to have to get up at the crack of dawn (and sometimes earlier…) to catch all the excitement. You should probably call in sick this week.
Here’s what’s on for the week at CHIO Aachen:
Wednesday, June 28
- 10:30 am — CDI4* HAVENS Horsefeed-Prize Grand Prix
- 12:40 pm — CSIO5* Turkish Airlines-Prize of Europe 1.55m Jump Off
Thursday, June 29
- 3:00 am — CDIO5* Prize of Family Tesch Grand Prix
- 4:15 am — Dressage Four-in-Hand Driving
- 10:30 am — CSIO5* STAWAG-Prize 1.50m Speed
- 1:30 pm — CSIO5* Mercedes-Benz Nations´ Cup
Friday, June 30
- 2:30 am — SAP Cup Eventing Dressage
- 4:00 am — Obstacle Four-in-Hand Driving
- 6:50 am — CSIO5* RWE Prize of North Rhine-Westphalia 1.55m Jump Off
- 10:00 am — CSIO5* VBR-Prize 1.50m Two Phase
- 11:45 am — CDI4* Lindt-Prize Grand Prix Special
- 11:45 am — SAP Cup Eventing Jumping
Saturday, July 1
- 3:15 am — CDIO5* MEGGLE-Prize Grand Prix Special
- 4:00 am — SAP Cup Eventing Cross Country
- 8:00 am — CSI05* Allianz-Prize 1.55m Winning Round
- 8:00 am — Marathon Four-in-Hand Driving
- 3:30 pm — CSIO5* MERKUR Casino-Cup
- 3:30 pm — CDI4* IWEST-Prize Grand Prix Freestyle
Sunday, July 2
- 4:00 am — CDIO5* Deutsche Bank Prize Grand Prix Freestyle
- 5:30 am — CSIO5* Prize of BEMER International AG 1.45m Speed
- 8:00 am — CSIO5* Rolex Grand Prix 1.60m
*All times ET
All classes are streaming on ClipMyHorse.